In this lesson, you’ll learn about the forex market. Here are some characteristics to take note of:
– It is the largest asset class in the world with over 5 trillion dollars being traded on a daily basis - because of this, it is also very highly liquid
– It’s a global market, representing all global economies (and not just focusing on 1 country alone)
– Open 24 hours/day, except for weekends and some holidays.
– Opens at 22:00GMT on Sunday (Sydney), until 22:00GMT on Friday (New York)
– Due to its high liquidity and huge trading volume, the price action is very consistent and not highly volatile
Because of all of these characteristics, it is one of the easiest markets to trade (based on classical charting principles as taught in Trading MasterClass).
If you haven’t yet, please start to familiarize yourself with common trading terms & jargon relating to the forex market - this will provide you with the necessary foundation as we move through the course, and dig into the actual strategies and management techniques.
Foreign Exchange Resources
Intro Guide: https://www.irekpiekarski.com/guide-forex-trading/
Trading Terms: https://www.irekpiekarski.com/forex-terms/